What is the material PMMA
The chemical name is polymethyl methacrylate, and the English name is simply PMMA
PMMA name: Hong Kong people called PMMA acrylic acid glue, mainland China called acrylic acid or plexiglass. Acrylic has a transparent height and is one of the alternatives to glass.
PMMA stands for polymethyl methacrylate, which is a transparent thermoplastic often used as a lightweight or shatter-resistant alternative to glass. It is also commonly known by the trade names Plexiglass and Acrylic.
PMMA application field:
1. Lamps, lighting equipment products, such as household lights, fluorescent lampshades, car taillights, signal lights, road signs.
2. Optical glass products, such as lenses, reflectors, prisms, TV screens, Fresnel lenses, camera lenses.
3. All kinds of musical instrument pulling disc, cover.
4. Prepare optical fibers.
5. Advertising window, advertising signs.
6. Airplane cockpit glass, bulletproof glass for airplanes and automobiles.
7. Various medical materials, military materials and glass products used in construction.
Modifications of PMMA occur continuously due to PMMA’s shortcomings, such as low impact resistance and poor moulding fluidity. Such as methylacrylate methyl grease and benzyl and butyl diethylene copolymerization, PMMA and PC blend.
Types of PMMA materials
Colorless transparent plexiglass is the most common, the largest use of plexiglass materials.
Colored transparent organic glass: commonly known as color plate. Light transmittance is gentle, and the light boxes and crafts made of it make people feel comfortable and generous.
Glass: transparent color, translucent color, opaque color three. Magnetic plexiglass luster than pearlescent plexiglass delicate and beautiful, brittle, easy to break, suitable for making dial, box, medical instruments. Transparent organic glass transparency is high, suitable for lighting. The chandeliers made from it are crystal clear. Translucent organic glass is similar to frosted glass, light reflection, made of crafts, people feel comfortable and generous. Colorless transparent organic chandelier, exquisitely carved.
Pearlescent organic glass is made by adding pearlescent powder or shining powder to general organic glass. This kind of organic glass is delicate and beautiful in color, with high surface finish. After the shape is pressed by the mold, even if it is ground and polished, it still maintains the molded pattern, forming the artistic effect of unique objects.